We are delighted that Archbishop Philip Freier will be ordaining 14 candidates as Priests in the Church of God at St Paul’s Cathedral on Saturday 27 November at 10.30am.
The preacher will be the Revd Canon Ben Wong, who will lead the ordinands’ retreat leading up to the Ordination. We wish all the ordinands every blessing in this new stage of their ministry.
With the recent easing of COVID-19 restrictions, this service is now open to anyone to attend – no ticket required. Proof of double vaccination will be required on check-in at the Cathedral.
Update: Travel disruptions are expected across the Melbourne CBD tomorrow as a result of planned protest activity expected to take place throughout the day. Victoria Police asks that people be patient, use public transport, plan their journey and allow extra time where possible.
Please pray for those to be ordained:
- Rosalyn Armstrong, St Mary’s Sunbury
- Kathryn Bellhouse, St Eanswythe Altona & St Clement’s Altona Meadows
- Kirsty Brown, St Columb’s Hawthorn
- Russell Goulbourne, Christ Church Brunswick
- Patricia Hunt, Church of the Epiphany Hoppers Crossing
- Ming (Gordon) Li, Glen Waverley Anglican Church
- Debra Saffrey-Collins, Head of Chaplaincy, Brotherhood of St Laurence, & Parish of Gisborne
- Andrew Seedhom, Sojourners Authorised Anglican Congregation Werribee
- Yi Cheng (Peter) Shih, St Hilary’s Kew with North Balwyn & Mont Albert North
- Mark Tibben, Sojourners Authorised Anglican Congregation Werribee
- Agatha Wakyereza, Parish of Brimbank
- Luke Whiteside, Upper Yarra Anglican Parish
- Breannon Wilkinson, Glen Waverley Anglican Church
- James Young, St John’s Cranbourne with Christ Church Tooradin
Watch the service online
For those unable to be here in person, a live stream of the service will be available to watch below, from 10.20am AEDT, Saturday 27 November. If your timezone makes live streaming impractical, you can also replay the service at a later time via the same link.