Bible studies are a great way to learn about the Christian faith, to grow and live as a Christian, and to share our faith.
Our weekly Bible Study Group meets after the Sunday 10.00am Choral Eucharist. Studies also occasionally meet via Zoom at different times.
All are welcome to join the studies, no prior knowledge is required. If you own a Bible we encourage you to bring that with you – other materials are provided below and in hard copy on the day.
New Series • A Voice in the Wilderness – Listening to the Statement from the Heart.
In 1967 we were counted, in 2017 we seek to be heard. We leave base camp and start our trek across this vast country. We invite you to walk with us in a movement of the Australian people for a better future.Quote, Statement from the Heart
Beginning on Sunday 30th October, this new series will offer a guided reflection on the Statement from the Heart, as we work together for First Nations Justice.
In 2017 the Anglican Church of Australia responded to the historic Statement from the Heart made by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representatives at Uluru.
General Synod supported the call for a constitutionally-entrenched First Nations’ Voice to the Commonwealth Parliament and asked the Public Affairs Commission to prepare resources in consultation with the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Anglican Council.
ABM has responded with an 8-part study designed to help the church listen to the Statement from the Heart and to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christians.
It was written by the Anglican Board of Mission’s Reconciliation Coordinator, Celia Kemp, with art by the Revd Canon Glenn Loughrey.
It has been endorsed by the Primate, the National Aboriginal Bishop, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Anglican Council and the Public Affairs Commission of the Anglican Church.
These sessions will run on Sundays at 11.45am. All materials will be provided.
- Sun 30 Oct • The Doctrine of Discovery
- Sun 6 Nov • Lucky for Who?
- Sun 13 Nov • We Don’t listen
- Sun 20 Nov • Helping is not Always Helpful
- Sun 27 Nov • A 60,000 Year-old Australian Church?
- Sun 4 Dec • What is Land for?
- Healing God’s Creation Series (May – June 2022)
- The Epistle to the Philippians (Lent 2022)
- The First Epistle of John (Feburary 2022)
- The Book of Ruth (Advent 2021)
- Creation-tide Sermon Series & Bible Study (Oct – Nov 2021)
- Discipleship Sermon Series & Bible Study (Sep – Oct 2021)
- The Book of Revelation (May – June 2021)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (Oct 2020)