This page contains prayers and intercessions for personal or group use, special prayers for use if it isn’t possible to meet in church, and a simple form of prayer for the morning and evening, which can be downloaded, printed, and shared with those remaining at home or who are unable to access the Internet.
Prayer & Worship Resources
A Prayer Book for Australia: Daily Prayer
Daily Prayer gives you the text of the daily prayer service for the Anglican Church of Australia as well as the readings for the day
Diocese of Melbourne – Prayer Diary
The ADOM Prayer Diary App for daily readings, reflection and prayer is developed by clergy and lay leaders from around the Diocese.
You can download to App to your IPhone or Google Play.
‘Pray as you Go’
Pray as you Go offers a daily programme (about 15 minutes) of music, bible reading for the day supported by a guided reflection and closing prayer.
Prayers at Home from the Diocese of Ballarat
Prayers for use at home during the COVID-19 Pandemic, including a form of Daily Prayer as well as other prayers that may be a comfort for this time.
Prayer Resources from the Church of England
The CoE have produced a range of prayers and intercessions for personal or group use, special prayers for use if it isn’t possible to meet in church, and a simple form of prayer for the morning and evening, which can be downloaded, printed, and shared with those remaining at home.
Ways to Pray at Home
Wakefield Cathedral (UK) have produced a very helpful resource to help with ‘Ways to Pray at Home’. Click here to download this as a pdf.
With Jesus in the Desert: A retreat for a time of isolation
This retreat has been prepared by the staff of Jesuit Communications for the use of people who have to isolate themselves for 14 days during the Coronavirus crisis. Of course, other people who may find it helpful are also welcome to use it. There is also other patterns to use for if you prefer a shorter style retreat.
Children’s Activity Booklet
A children’s activity booklet, with colouring in and other games and activities, can be downloaded from the link. It is based on the weekly readings used in Church. It also includes a short sentence of scripture and prayer.
Prayer points for this week:
- Wisdom for world leaders and health officials as COVID-19 continues spreading, protection for those particularly at risk, sustaining of health workers, adequate support of those working on a vaccine; our federal and state governments and health authorities in their important work of responding to community needs at this time, particularly for the frail and vulnerable people in our community.
- Protection for those in the Middle East under attack from resurgent IS fighters in Syria and Iraq.
- An end to the violent protests in Burundi over the coming election.
- Government assistance and provision for the people of Venezuela of food and water.
- Care and protection of refugees around the world with the complexities added by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Study & Learning
Weekly Bible Study Notes
Reflections & Devotions
Click below to access Canon Robert Vun’s weekly devotions.
In the coming week we are setting up zoom study and social groups for our members, and will reach out to our older members to help them set up zoom on their personal devices (instructions below).
We will continue to be running our Lent group via zoom (at 11am on a Sunday morning) and our Bible Study group will take the place of the Lent Group after Easter.
Staying in touch
Sign up to our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/gkAJaX to receive regular information, updates and prayer points.