Sunday in-person worship will resume on the 1st August, with services at 8am, 10am, and 1pm. The current restrictions permit a maximum of 100 people in the Cathedral for worship. Bookings will be available for the 10am service only and a link will be provided to our congregation in our Weekly Email on Friday. The 8am and 1pm services do not require pre-booking, and we encourage you to attend those services if you are unable to book in for the 10am service.
Check-in via the Victorian Government QR Code is mandatory for entry to the Cathedral. You can learn more about the QR Code system here.
Requirements of Attending
Please be aware of the following COVID-19 Safe Worship Practices when attending in person worship or visiting the Cathedral:
- You will need to check-in using the QR Code on display at the door. To use the QR code, open your camera and hover the camera over the QR code. A website will come up. You will then be able to add your first name and contact details. If you are not able to use the QR code, a paper sign-in facility is available. It is a condition of entry that you sign in one of these two ways.
- Please do not attend the service if you are unwell or have any symptoms of Cold or Flu. Our staff will take your temperature using contact-less thermometers and will not admit you if you have a high temperature. If you do feel unwell go immediately for a COVID test and isolate at home until you receive the result.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entry to the service and prior to receiving communion.
- There will be set seating and you will be directed to a seat on arrival. Please remain in your designated seat and follow the directions of staff for receiving communion and departing at the end of the service.
- Keep 1.5m distance from others at all times, including in the carpark, when you line up, talk with people or sit down.
- Wear your mask at all times and avoid all physical contact with others, including shaking hands. At the Greeting of Peace, remain in your place and acknowledge those around you.
- The collection is a retiring collection. No plate will be passed around at the offertory, however donation points will be available at the back of the Cathedral. We also encourage you to give via EFT or Online where possible: http://www.cathedral.org.au/donate
A copy of our COVID-19 Safe Worship Practices can be found here
Thank you for helping to ensure that we experience the return to worship according to the rules, so that all may be confident that the Cathedral is a safe place to be. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Cathedral Staff.