Due to changes in State Government requirements from Sun 28th March, we will no longer be asking congregants to pre-book to attend services. Instead, visitors and worshippers will be asked to check in using a Victoria Government QR code to record their details.
To prepare for this change we encourage you to download the Services Victoria application on to your phone or tablet device by following the instructions on this website: go.vic.gov.au/check-in (best to open it on the phone or tablet you wish to download the application on).
You will then need to open this application to use the QR Code facility to check-in on arrival at the Cathedral, by pointing your camera at one these posters to scan the code. While we adjust to this new change, Cathedral Staff will be at the door to assist you. Paper registration will be available for those unable to use the QR Code facility, however we need the majority of people to use the QR Code to maintain our current density limits.
Requirements of Attending
Please be aware of the following COVID-19 Safe Worship Practices when attending in person worship at the Cathedral:
- You will need to check-in using the QR Code on display at the door. To use the QR code, open your camera and hover the camera over the QR code. A website will come up. You will then be able to add your first name and contact details. If you are not able to use the QR code, a paper sign-in facility is available. It is a condition of entry that you sign in one of these two ways.
- Please do not attend the service if you are unwell or have any symptoms of Cold or Flu. Our staff will take your temperature using contact-less thermometers and will not admit you if you have a high temperature. If you do feel unwell go immediately for a COVID test and isolate at home until you receive the result.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on entry to the service and prior to receiving communion.
- There will be set seating and you will be directed to a seat on arrival. Please remain in your designated seat and follow the directions of staff for receiving communion and departing at the end of the service.
- Keep 1.5m distance from others at all times, including in the carpark, when you line up, talk with people or sit down.
- Wear your mask at all times and avoid all physical contact with others, including shaking hands. At the Greeting of Peace, remain in your place and acknowledge those around you.
- The collection is a retiring collection. No plate will be passed around at the offertory, however donation points will be available at the back of the Cathedral. We also encourage you to give via EFT or Online where possible: http://www.cathedral.org.au/donate
A copy of our COVID-19 Safe Worship Practices can be found here
For those in a vulnerable category who have received medical advice to exercise caution, and those who need to stay at home for other reasons, it will still be possible to participate in services online. We will continue to live-stream our Sunday and Weekday services via YouTube, Facebook and our online worship page as well as our congregational gatherings on Zoom.
Thank you for helping to ensure that we experience the return to worship according to the rules, so that all may be confident that the Cathedral is a safe place to be. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Cathedral Staff.