- This event has passed.
Service | Multi-faith Service for Climate Justice
Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 5:10 pm to 5:45 pm
Join with people of all faiths both in Australia and around the Pacific to show solidarity with those suffering because of humanity’s addiction to fossil fuels.
We will show the strength of grassroots support for an open letter to Prime Minister Albanese, signed by senior faith leaders in Australia and the Pacific. It will call on the Australian Government to:
- Stop approving new coal and gas projects
- End public subsidies for coal and gas projects
- Fully respect First Nations peoples’ rights to protect Country
- Actively participate in creating a Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty to phase out fossil fuels
- Support a just transition
- Re-start contributions to the United Nations Green Climate Fund.
Like many people who care about the climate, people of faith are excited by the potential of this new government to take Australia in a different direction. Yet they also need encouragement to go further.
More information can be found here: https://www.arrcc.org.au/f4cj2022